Tuesday 29 September 2015

Photoshop Digital Painting Tutorial #2 - Master Studies

These are my completed "master studies" from yesterdays photoshop tutorial. These were quick studies, we were given approximately 10 minutes per painting and they are an excellent way of developing digital painting skills so I will be completing more master studies in the future to help develop my skill. We were to focus on blocking in the bulk of the colour rather than focusing on the minute detail to help us work on tonal value and composition development. I experimented with using different brushes in each painting to see what different effects I could create and what was more effective. 
I believe my most successful study was #2, and if I had had more time I would have liked to go back into #4 with a harder edged brush to develop more definition in the rocks, however I feel I definitely got a good base tone layer down.


To help us assess if we were capturing the right tones of the works we were directed to also view our work in black and white, so we could see the depth of the tones in the colours and see how successfully we were creating the master studies. 



No comments:

Post a Comment