This weekend one of my tasks for the Narrative Project is to create the final designs for the judges and get them ready to be taken into maya, input in image planes. These are the scenes we need the judges for, for me to see what different poses we need for the judges. We actually only need a darkened and elongated back view, a half body front view, and a full body back view.
Saturday, 26 November 2016
Thursday, 24 November 2016
Tuesday, 22 November 2016
Had a group discussion today and I've made a large bullet point list of tasks we need to complete (by next monday/tuesday) to try and get ourselves back on track!
Short of it:
Short of it:
- Model the environment in Maya, image planes for the walls, 3D block model the kitchen cabinets, hall side table, front and back doors, living room table, and bushes in the garden, all other items will be layered image planes.
- Insert cameras to frame the scenes, possible lights.
- Final designs for the image planes of items in the living room and hall - Fireplace, armchair, rug, pictures on the wall, teacup, teapot, tray and tea set, and the 2nd place certificates and awards.
- Textures for the walls, floor, and 3D cabinets and tables.
- Final designs for the judges characters, with textures and turnarounds. Also split into individual files and transparencies ready to input into Maya to build the characters.
- Create tileable textures and transparencies for the weeds, before and after blooming.
- Tileable textures and transparencies for the rest of the garden, eg surrounding shrubbery, grass, rocks etc.
- Final rose design and texture for image plane.
- Secateurs texture.
- Final Granny design, with textures and turnarounds. Also split into individual files and transparencies ready to input into Maya to build the characters.
- Final designs for the image planes of items in the kitchen - Curtains and pole, calendar (3 different designs, with additional days crossed off) penpot, kettle, plates rack, any other misc kitchen accessories.
Thursday, 17 November 2016
Wednesday, 16 November 2016
I've finally finished digitising the finalised storyboard Katie and I worked on. Now just to cut and save out into individual files and create the animatic. Some of the frames might look a little odd as there are multiple layers in a frame that I will save out as individual images to show movement within a clip.
Tuesday, 15 November 2016
Friday, 11 November 2016
Slight redirection for character 2 after the OGR, he needs to be older and more stern, to properly be able to get across the comedy aspect in the scene. He needs to be able to be put in his place.