Thursday 2 February 2017

Adaptation: Part A - Further Planning

Plan for my infographic so far:


Open to a "main" screen, with voice over explaining how to not be "boring". "Be cool impress your friends with totally RAD uh "creative" (to keep the mums happy), ways of cooking an egg". Then a long list of safety precautions. OR voice over says something and then (*...) appears lower left of screen, as in Battle Block Theater Steam Trailer.
Then you're taken to a screen where there are different icons you can click, when hovering over the icons the voice over says what they are, if you take too long to decide and click an option it starts complaining, talking to someone else that "they're taking too long" "just pick one" "whats up with this guy" etc. There will be multiple options on screen:


  • Sacrifice it to the volcano gods
  • Dragonfire (first you gotta tame the dragon)
  • Summon lucifer and have him rain down hellfire
  • Build a rocket and shoot it into the sun
  • Become a fire mage 
  • Timetravel to prehistoric times and use the blast that caused dino extinction

However I will only be animating and including 3 in the infographic short, as otherwise it will be far too long, and I think these will be the most entertaining ones I can create. 

  • Sacrifice it to the volcano gods
  • Summon lucifer and have him rain down hellfire
  • Timetravel to prehistoric times and use the blast that caused dino extinction

As for more stylistic influences, I was introduced to the YouTube channel Kurzgesagt - In a Nutshell and really like the bold but simplistic style of animation, its the sort of style I was hoping to aim for after looking at the graphic style of BBC Bitesize, so think it will be a good stylistic inspiration source.



I've also been trying to look into getting a voice actor, but haven't really got very far with it yet, I can't quite find a voice actor that fits with what I'm looking for, plus, without emailing each one directly, I'm not sure on pricing for a lot of the people I'm looking over, which of course is a factor. If anyone can offer me some help with this that would be great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment